The good people of Reddit realized that if you have to describe movies in as few words as possible, their plots sound very similar. Here are some of the movies they came up with, plus a few extra.
2. A man goes on a long journey to deliver a package.
3. A cowboy must deal with an unwelcome alien.
4. The hero’s life is tested when his/her alternate personality gets a little too overwhelming.
5. An orphan discovers he has magic powers and saves the world.
6. A street rat steals a loaf of bread and shit goes down.
7. Extinct creatures go on a rampages after being brought back to life using DNA from fossilized remains.
8. A reluctant hero competes for the freedom of his/her people and inspires them to believe they are strong enough to defeat their foes.
9. A disgraced professional guard proves himself worthy after he becomes the only one who can save a group of hostages.
10. An old man stops trusting the community and befriends a youth who once bothered him before taking matters into his own hands.
11. The hero has to go to a different world for the opportunity to walk, and he/she risks being ostracized if he/she decides to stay.
12. An outsider goes to great lengths to make friends, alienating the ones who love him/her most in the process.
13. A father vows to get his child/children back no matter the cost.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.