The good people of Reddit realized that if you have to describe movies in as few words as possible, their plots sound very similar. Here are some of the movies they came up with, plus a few extra.
2. A man goes on a long journey to deliver a package.
3. A cowboy must deal with an unwelcome alien.
4. The hero’s life is tested when his/her alternate personality gets a little too overwhelming.
5. An orphan discovers he has magic powers and saves the world.
6. A street rat steals a loaf of bread and shit goes down.
7. Extinct creatures go on a rampages after being brought back to life using DNA from fossilized remains.
8. A reluctant hero competes for the freedom of his/her people and inspires them to believe they are strong enough to defeat their foes.
9. A disgraced professional guard proves himself worthy after he becomes the only one who can save a group of hostages.
10. An old man stops trusting the community and befriends a youth who once bothered him before taking matters into his own hands.
11. The hero has to go to a different world for the opportunity to walk, and he/she risks being ostracized if he/she decides to stay.
12. An outsider goes to great lengths to make friends, alienating the ones who love him/her most in the process.
13. A father vows to get his child/children back no matter the cost.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. Three people were injured, according to reports.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?