1. WMTW reporter Norm Karkos was in Limington, Maine, Tuesday morning reporting on 73-year-old Robert McDonough who had been missing for 14 hours.
2. Following Karkos’ live shot, a man walked up the street behind him.
3. He thought the man was McDonough, and so he asked, and sure enough, it was.
4. The news crew immediately called authorities, and McDonough, who suffers from dementia, was reunited with his family.
5. Karkos said McDonough appeared to be safe and alert and called it “a great ending to this story.”
See more at WMTW.
In The News Today
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›