2. President Obama is named Time magazine’s person of the year and his second inauguration is held.
3. Beyoncé sings at the inauguration, but she’s actually faking it.
5. The Baltimore Ravens win Super Bowl XLVII 34-31 over the San Francisco 49ers.
7. Snapchat blows up and says 60 million photos are sent a day through the app.
9. “Harlem Shake” goes No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
11. Justin Bieber’s monkey was taken into custody in Germany.
He also did a lot of other things too this year. The above cover is from a November issue of The Hollywood Reporter where Bieber says he doesn’t “give a f—-” about his haters.
13. Jason Collins becomes the first active male professional athlete in a major North American team sport to come out.
14. Two pressure cooker bombs go off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing three.
17. A tornado strikes Moore, Okla., killing more than two dozen.
19. The Guardian publishes an interview with former National Security Agency employee Edward Snowden, identifying him as the source of leaks about the government’s top secret surveillance programs.
20. Woman has baby.
21. The Supreme Court strikes down Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act and let a lower-court ruling that California’s Proposition 8 was unconstitutional stand.
23. A Florida jury finds George Zimmerman not guilty of charges in connection with the shooting of Trayvon Martin.
24. Woman has baby.
26. Miley Cyrus twerks at the MTV Video Music Awards.
28. Dennis Rodman travels to North Korea for the second time in 2013 and visits with Kim Jong Un.
29. Gallup releases a poll showing 57% of college graduates are in a job that doesn’t require a college degree.
Plenty of other statistics were released this year that might make millennials outraged. The above cover is from a May issue of Time that states millennials have higher rates of narcissistic personality disorder than their elders.