1. April 2 was World Autism Awareness Day.
2. And landmarks around the world were lit up blue in honor of the day like the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro.
4. And the Great Buddha at Hyogo in Kobe, Japan.
5. And Humayun’s Tomb in New Delhi, India.
6. And this really big fountain in Geneva, Switzerland.
10. Same with Shanghai, China.
11. And the leaning tower of Pisa.
13. World Autism Awareness Day became a thing in 2007. It was designated by the United Nations. Autism now affects 1 in 88 children.
Parliament Palace in Bucharest, Romania.
14. You can find out more about World Autism Awareness Day here.
- The first group of what is expected to be several thousand refugees arrived in Germany after a delayed journey through Hungary and Austria. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›