1. April 2 was World Autism Awareness Day.
2. And landmarks around the world were lit up blue in honor of the day like the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro.
4. And the Great Buddha at Hyogo in Kobe, Japan.
5. And Humayun’s Tomb in New Delhi, India.
6. And this really big fountain in Geneva, Switzerland.
10. Same with Shanghai, China.
11. And the leaning tower of Pisa.
13. World Autism Awareness Day became a thing in 2007. It was designated by the United Nations. Autism now affects 1 in 88 children.
Parliament Palace in Bucharest, Romania.
14. You can find out more about World Autism Awareness Day here.
- A flash flood emergency has been issued Sunday in Charleston, South Carolina. More than 16 inches of rain fell in some areas. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›