1. April 2 was World Autism Awareness Day.
2. And landmarks around the world were lit up blue in honor of the day like the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro.
4. And the Great Buddha at Hyogo in Kobe, Japan.
5. And Humayun’s Tomb in New Delhi, India.
6. And this really big fountain in Geneva, Switzerland.
10. Same with Shanghai, China.
11. And the leaning tower of Pisa.
12. And this building in Abu Dhabi that also leans a lot.
13. World Autism Awareness Day became a thing in 2007. It was designated by the United Nations. Autism now affects 1 in 88 children.
Parliament Palace in Bucharest, Romania.
14. You can find out more about World Autism Awareness Day here.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›