1. Justin Bieber was in the Netherlands for a concert in Arnhem Saturday night. He visited the Anne Frank House Friday after opening hours and wrote this in the guestbook.
2. The Anne Frank House has posted about other celebrity visits in the past.
3. And this BBC Hague reporter was able to get in contact with the Anne Frank House and this is what they said.
@JacquelSpringer written by AFH on their FB page. Called them, press team away,won’t send photo of guestbook, confirmed only staff access FB— anna holligan
@chrisgeidner @bertine83 @pourmecoffee yes, I spoke to the manager, she (understandably) wants their communications team to deal with it— anna holligan
@chrisgeidner @bertine83 @pourmecoffee manager confirmed that only staff had access to their FB page & JB visited after closing last night.— anna holligan
Just confirmed with @annefrankhouse press office - Justin #Bieber did write those comments in ‘special guestbook’— anna holligan
‘He’s 19, it’s a strange life he’s living, it wasn’t very sensible but he didn’t mean bad…’ - @annefrankhouse press office— anna holligan
‘He was very interested in Anne Frank…’ - @annefrankhouse press office #Bieber @bbcworldservice— anna holligan
Beliebers then made sure they showed their idol their support on the Anne Frank House’s Facebook page.
UPDATE: During Bieber’s tour, a guide pointed out that Frank was a fan of pop culture and she might have been a fan of his.
Abraham Foxman, the national director of the Anti-Defamation League, said Anne Frank was a fan of celebrities and pop culture and doesn’t have a problem with what Bieber wrote in the guestbook.
“I don’t see anything wrong with it,” he said.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›