1. The blaster used by Harrison Ford as Han Solo in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi is being auctioned on Invaluable, an online auction site.
2. Bidding begins at $200,000. The item was used by Ford in “the majority of scenes” filmed in the 1980 and 1983 movies.
“The blaster is exactly in its original filming condition and therefore exhibits wear from use, but retains all of the original details, including the flash suppressor and scope (the eye-piece of which is detailed with reflective scotch-lite tape).”
- At least one member of Ukraine's National Guard has died and about 90 people were injured after protesters clashed with police outside of Parliament in Ukraine. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Palmyra's 2,000-year-old Temple of Bel is still standing despite an attempt by ISIS to blow it up, Syria's antiquities chief has said.›