1. The blaster used by Harrison Ford as Han Solo in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi is being auctioned on Invaluable, an online auction site.
2. Bidding begins at $200,000. The item was used by Ford in “the majority of scenes” filmed in the 1980 and 1983 movies.
“The blaster is exactly in its original filming condition and therefore exhibits wear from use, but retains all of the original details, including the flash suppressor and scope (the eye-piece of which is detailed with reflective scotch-lite tape).”
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.