1. On Oct. 1, 2013, the federal government shut down after the House and Senate couldn’t agree on a bill to fund the government.
2. It was also the day Britney Spears released a music video for “Work B**ch.”
3. The government shutdown meant federal government services not deemed “essential” have to close, including the Library of Congress.
4. Which means Britney’s masterpiece will not be able to be added to the Library of Congress’ archives until this mess is cleared up.
5. So Britney tweeted this inspiring tweet Tuesday.
Go call the po-lice, Go Call The Gu-vunah! Someone tell Congress to get to #WorkBxxCH