1. On Oct. 1, 2013, the federal government shut down after the House and Senate couldn’t agree on a bill to fund the government.
2. It was also the day Britney Spears released a music video for “Work B**ch.”
3. The government shutdown meant federal government services not deemed “essential” have to close, including the Library of Congress.
4. Which means Britney’s masterpiece will not be able to be added to the Library of Congress’ archives until this mess is cleared up.
5. So Britney tweeted this inspiring tweet Tuesday.
Go call the po-lice, Go Call The Gu-vunah! Someone tell Congress to get to #WorkBxxCH
13. Yes, ma’am.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- Matt Stonie won the 2015 Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest, beating 8-time champion Joey Chestnut ☀️??