1. Dennis Rodman arrived at the Beijing International Airport Friday after a five-day meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un.
2. In May, Rodman said he would go to North Korea and convince Jong-Un to release Kenneth Bae, an American missionary being detained.
I’m calling on the Supreme Leader of North Korea or as I call him “Kim”, to do me a solid and cut Kenneth Bae loose.
3. But prior to his most recent visit, Rodman said he would not be negotiating Bae’s release, and was instead going on a “basketball diplomacy tour.”
4. Reporters in Beijing asked Rodman why he changed his mind.
6. Here’s video from his arrival:
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›