A Gallup poll released last week of how Democrats and Republicans feel about different industries shows Democrats and those who identify as leaning Democratic feel more positively about a number of industries than Republicans and those who identify as Republican leaners do.
Gallup noted, “No single reason explains all of these partisan differences. While some may reflect clear ideological differences between Republicans and Democrats, others may be a function of differences in the demographic make up of the two parties.”
1. The computer industry was Democrats’ favorite industry with 69% of respondents saying they felt positively about it.
2. Farming and agriculture was Republicans’ favorite with 66% of respondents saying they felt positively about it.
The industry with the biggest difference was the federal government, with 39% of Democrats saying they had a positive response but only 13% of Republicans saying they did.
Democrats also feel more positively about the movie industry (48%) than Republicans do (32%).
When it comes to the oil and gas industry, 32% of Republicans responded with a positive rating while only 19% of Democrats did.
- BuzzFeed News looks at the fourth anniversary of Mark Duggan's death, an unarmed black man who was shot and killed by police in north London. The shooting sparked England-wide riots in 2011.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.