A Gallup poll released last week of how Democrats and Republicans feel about different industries shows Democrats and those who identify as leaning Democratic feel more positively about a number of industries than Republicans and those who identify as Republican leaners do.
Gallup noted, “No single reason explains all of these partisan differences. While some may reflect clear ideological differences between Republicans and Democrats, others may be a function of differences in the demographic make up of the two parties.”
1. The computer industry was Democrats’ favorite industry with 69% of respondents saying they felt positively about it.
2. Farming and agriculture was Republicans’ favorite with 66% of respondents saying they felt positively about it.
Democrats also feel more positively about the movie industry (48%) than Republicans do (32%).
When it comes to the oil and gas industry, 32% of Republicans responded with a positive rating while only 19% of Democrats did.
- David Fry, the last of the Oregon wildlife refuge occupiers, has surrendered to the FBI, ending a 40-day protest.
- Physicists have found gravitational waves: wrinkles in space-time that could open up a new way to see the universe 🔭
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸