1. In Waterbury, Conn., there’s an abandoned park called Holy Land U.S.A.
12. Today, Holy Land U.S.A. is closed to visitors and is super creepy.
13. It was built by a Catholic lawyer named John Baptist Greco who wanted the community to be able to better understand the Bible.
14. He built the park with the help of a group of volunteers known as Companions of Christ.
22. And various depictions of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.
26. The park closed in 1984 because Greco planned on updating and improving it.
28. A group of nuns were given responsibility over the property.
31. Various attempts to restore or reopen the park have been made.
33. In 2000, Archbishop Daniel A. Cronin of the Hartford Archdiocese said there were plans to rebuild the park.
34. It was estimated to cost $10 million and take several years.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.