1. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie won reelection in a landslide Tuesday.
2. To celebrate, he had a rally in Asbury Park.
Press now allowed inside the Christie party here in Asbury Park. Here’s a pic:
3. Facebook and Instagram were there.
Facebook/Instagram presence at Christie party
4. And an Asbury Park Convention Hall sign put his name dead center while Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi were pushed off to the side and listed as “coming attractions.”
The scene from Christie victory HQ in Asbury Park -
5. The cake at the rally was impressive.
A big cake for a big win at NJ Governor Chris Christie’s campaign HQ in Asbury Park.
6. And there was a Chris Christie action figure that came with it.
7. Christie spoke to the crowd and said Washington, D.C., should pay attention to what’s happening in New Jersey.
“Ladies & gentlemen, tonight I stand here as your governor and I am so proud to be your governor,” he said. “You can agree with me, you can disagree with me. But I will never stop leading the state I love.”
9. It was basically the My Super Sweet Sixteen of politics.
- Physicists have found gravitational waves: wrinkles in space-time that could open up a new way to see the universe 🔭
- NATO is sending boats to the Aegean Sea to try to help combat the migrant and refugee crisis.
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸