1. An 11-year-old boy in Vancouver, Wash., brought over 400 rounds of ammunition, a handgun, and multiple kitchen knives to school Thursday, according to police.
2. Court documents says the boy brought the weapons to stop another student from bullying his friend. He said a voice told him to kill the student, who had called his friend gay.
3. Police were notified by the boy’s mother after she noticed she was missing kitchen knives at her home.
4. Frontier Middle School was placed in lockdown after the weapons were found in the boy’s backpack.
5. The school district posted a Facebook update that the school was in lockdown, angering some parents who were unaware of the situation until their children came home from school to tell them, according to KGW.
“As a parent, any incident that involves my children even in the vicinity of a weapon constitutes an emergency and I have the right to be informed,” parent Tara Nolan Monroe wrote on the district’s Facebook page. “Any parent who is involved in and concerned about their children would not want to learn of a situation like this after the fact, particularly from a public institution.”