1. Every March, millions of Americans lose an hour of sleep because of Daylight Savings Time.
2. But not Arizonans. They don’t mess with that garbage.
John Moore / Getty Images
3. Some people might think Arizona is dumb for not going along with the rest of the country.
5. A 2008 study found Daylight Savings Time cost Indiana households an additional $9 million a year on electricity bills.
6. And a 2009 study found employees sleep 40 minutes less and are 5.7 percent times more likely to have workplace injuries following Daylight Savings Time.
7. Neither of those things are issues in the Grand Canyon State.
9. If it observed Daylight Savings Time, the sun would be out until 9 p.m. and it would be really warm still.
David McNew / Getty Images
10. So good job, Arizona for doing your own thing. Enjoy sleeping in while every wakes up an hour early this week.