1. Blair McMillan, 26, and his girlfriend Morgan, 27, of Guelph, Ontario, decided to live with only technology from 1986, the year they were born, because their two children were obsessed with iPads and iPhones.
2. “We’re parenting our kids the same way we were parented for a year just to see what it’s like,” Blair told The Toronto Sun.
5. And radios instead of streaming music. They even do their banking in person, develop rolls of film for $20, and live in a home built in the ’80s. Their kids spend more time reading and playing outside now, but they are allowed to play Super Mario.
6. Visitors who come over have to hand over any post-1986 technology while they visit.
7. “It feels weird,” Blair, who rocks an incredible and authentic ’80s mullet and mustache combo, told The Toronto Sun. “It feels like we’re really going back in time.” They plan to live this way until April 2014.
8. Watch: Guelph family lives like it’s 1986
Here Are The Top Stories
- A judge set a $1 million bond for Ray Tensing, who was charged with murder for fatally shooting Samuel Dubose.
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.