1. Blair McMillan, 26, and his girlfriend Morgan, 27, of Guelph, Ontario, decided to live with only technology from 1986, the year they were born, because their two children were obsessed with iPads and iPhones.
2. “We’re parenting our kids the same way we were parented for a year just to see what it’s like,” Blair told The Toronto Sun.
5. And radios instead of streaming music. They even do their banking in person, develop rolls of film for $20, and live in a home built in the ’80s. Their kids spend more time reading and playing outside now, but they are allowed to play Super Mario.
6. Visitors who come over have to hand over any post-1986 technology while they visit.
7. “It feels weird,” Blair, who rocks an incredible and authentic ’80s mullet and mustache combo, told The Toronto Sun. “It feels like we’re really going back in time.” They plan to live this way until April 2014.
8. Watch: Guelph family lives like it’s 1986
In The News Today
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›