1. We’re out of Iraq.
13. The Lakers haven’t gotten past the conference semifinals in two years.
15. Kelly Clarkson is releasing a greatest hits album.
16. Making fun of something by calling it “gay” isn’t cool anymore.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, the conservative heart of the U.S. Supreme Court for more than a decade, has died. He was 79.
- Scalia was the current court's longest-serving justice, having been nominated in 1986 by President Ronald Reagan.
- Republicans are extremely unlikely to confirm anyone that President Obama nominates in the final months of his second term.