1. Dealing with the bridesmaid hierarchy.
Each ‘maid is fighting like hell to prove she’s the bride’s best friend.
2. All of your free time will be dedicated to wedding activities.
3. …and all of your disposable income too.
You’re OK with eating Top Ramen for the next year, right?
4. In fact, you might as well get a job here, just for the discount.
Engagement gifts…shower gifts…wedding gifts…yep, you’re gonna need that discount.
5. The bridesmaid dress will not be flattering for your body type.
6. And it isn’t cheap.
On second thought, maybe you should get a job at a dress shop.
7. But don’t worry, you’ll totally wear it again.
…as a Halloween costume.
8. Helping plan the 8,000 events.
Engagement parties! Bridal showers! Bachelorette! Gah!
9. Joint Pinterest boards and mailing lists.
Every detail has to be perfect, and every bridesmaid has a different idea of what “perfect” is.
11. Squealing over the bride’s presents.
Cutlery! A toaster! SQUEEEEEE eh.
12. Making small talk with relatives of the bride and groom.
This is why you need alcohol.
13. Wearing/using a penis accessory in public.
It ain’t dignified.
15. Even the best brides go crazy sometimes.
At some point you’ll seriously wonder how you’re friends with this person.
16. Not rolling your eyes when the bride tells you she wants to flash mob down the aisle.
“Great idea! No one has ever done that before!”
17. Your face hurting from all the smiling.
Say cheese! Again! And again! AND AGAIN!
18. And seeing spots from all the flash photography.
Your vision might be permanently destroyed.
19. Writing a meaningful speech.
If you don’t make everyone cry, you’ve failed.
20. Helping the bride go to the bathroom.
The groom isn’t the only one who gets intimate with the bride on the big day.
21. Keeping the bride’s feuding family members from ruining the wedding.
22. Drunk groomsmen.
Group photos with guys who can’t stand up are always a blast.
23. Drunk bridesmaids.
Great. Someone else to help in the bathroom.
24. Uncomfortable shoes.
But at least they’re all perfectly dyed to match!
We've got your WKND covered.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.