1. At first you think it will be easy.
Yeah it’s the summer but you got this, you have years of fasting experience under your belt young Muzzy.
2. You’ve even created a list of goals this year.
Do yo thang chicken wing.
3. You’ve even decided to cut back on social media and internet use because this happens…
You are the worst tumblr.
4. You change your relationship status.
5. But you don’t care cause you’ll still have a date every night.
Keep it real playa.
6. You try to be nice to everyone.
Well the most you do is say hi but baby steps are good!
15. While there, don’t think about the pain.
or fall asleep mid-Salah.
16. You even decide to make Suhoor for the first day which means: grocery shopping!
…and buy the whole store because “everything looks so good!”
(Suhoor refers to the meal consumed early in the morning, before the sun rises, by Muslims before fasting)
17. Once your masterpiece is complete you go to wake up your family members.
21. But you shrug it off because it only means more Suhoor food for you!
24. Then you sleep z z z
25. And when you walk into class the next morning your first words are:
27. Then your gym teacher makes you run the mile despite knowledge of your fasting.
33. You realize that somehow you’re actually gaining weight.
…can’t be you overeating during Suhoor?
41. When you tell your non-Muslim friends you can’t engage in food, gossip, parties or obscenity and have no energy to do any physical activity, they’re like…
42. So you convince them to fast a day with you and by 3pm they’re like…
43. And when you tell them water is not allowed either:
Their pain is a good distraction from your pain.