1. At first you think it will be easy.
Yeah it’s the summer but you got this, you have years of fasting experience under your belt young Muzzy.
2. You’ve even created a list of goals this year.
Do yo thang chicken wing.
3. You’ve even decided to cut back on social media and internet use because this happens…
You are the worst tumblr.
4. You change your relationship status.
5. But you don’t care cause you’ll still have a date every night.
Keep it real playa.
6. You try to be nice to everyone.
Well the most you do is say hi but baby steps are good!
15. While there, don’t think about the pain.
or fall asleep mid-Salah.
16. You even decide to make Suhoor for the first day which means: grocery shopping!
…and buy the whole store because “everything looks so good!”
(Suhoor refers to the meal consumed early in the morning, before the sun rises, by Muslims before fasting)
17. Once your masterpiece is complete you go to wake up your family members.
21. But you shrug it off because it only means more Suhoor food for you!
24. Then you sleep z z z
25. And when you walk into class the next morning your first words are:
27. Then your gym teacher makes you run the mile despite knowledge of your fasting.
33. You realize that somehow you’re actually gaining weight.
…can’t be you overeating during Suhoor?
41. When you tell your non-Muslim friends you can’t engage in food, gossip, parties or obscenity and have no energy to do any physical activity, they’re like…
42. So you convince them to fast a day with you and by 3pm they’re like…
43. And when you tell them water is not allowed either:
Their pain is a good distraction from your pain.
70. Here is where I was going to write the real meaning of Ramadan isn’t about food in GIFs, but this has gotten way too long. Stop reading and go pray or sleep, your choice.
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›