1. I saw “Gangnam Style” on YouTube when it had 500,000 views. I was a pioneer!
GoToVan / Via Flickr: gotovan
2. I saw Hanson LIVE. I shook their hands. THEIR ACTUAL HANDS.
maribethjballen / Via instagram.com
Hasn’t been washed since.
3. I stood vigil outside of DC’s offices for three nights to protest Ben Affleck getting cast as Batman.
edenpictures / Via Flickr: edenpictures
4. I made a Harlem Shake tribute video. It got two thousand views. TWO THOUSAND.
greyloch / Via Flickr: greyloch
5. I remember my first flip phone. It played “Crazy Frog” whenever anyone called and couldn’t have more than one alarm set. Best. Phone. Ever.
Shahbano Khushi / Via Flickr: anayabano
6. You think you’re counter-culture? In college, I deleted my FACEBOOK.
Emily Steele / Buzzfeed
7. I stayed up until 4 a.m. to watch the royal wedding, and I had no idea how the monarchy worked. Still don’t.
David Bailey / Via Flickr: davidbaileymbe
8. Did I read Twilight? Sure did. But it was a different time back then. We didn’t know any better.
Zach Flanders / Via Flickr: zachflanders
9. I made so many jokes about Apples and Blackberries both being fruits, you have no IDEA.
Achim Hepp / Via Flickr: achimh
10. Did I go to a midnight showing of the final Harry Potter movie? Um, is Hermione the smartest witch of her age?
Pop Culture Geek / Via Flickr: popculturegeek
11. I had a gag Twitter account that was at-mentioned by Melissa Joan Hart. It was huge.
Astrid Stawiarz / Getty Images
12. I got up at 2 a.m. to stake out a spot to get a single blurry photo of Nelly’s soundcheck. Was it worth it? Totes.
Alexis Thomas / Via instagram.com