1. When I first heard about the possibility of a shutdown
2. When our office finally realized it was inevitable
3. When my boss told me I was non-essential personnel
4. When I watched the countdown clock and the news coverage about jobs like mine
So dramatic, CNN
5. When they made me turn in my badge and key…
6. …and told me I wasn’t allowed to work from home
Seriously, guys. You’re killing me.
7. Leaving the office right before the midnight deadline
9. But then I remembered that none of my friends work for the government, and they all have work today
10. When I hear people gleefully praise shutdown so people like me are temporarily out of work
I like Ron Swanson as much as the next 20-something, but c’mon.