You might know Lupita Nyong’o as Patsey, the incredible breakout star of 12 Years a Slave.
But you should also know her as YOUR NEW FASHION IDOL AND A GODDESS WALKING AMONGST US.
So, are you ready to take notes?
2. She can also switch it up with a more funky, casual look.
5. …but also oozes goddess in this sleek, formfitting little black dress.
6. She actually pulls off the impossible configuration that is the jumper!
8. She was spotted at Paris Fashion Week looking hella fab.
9. She is basically just effortlessly chic.
11. And all the magazines are starting to notice! She looks absolutely stunning in her spread for In Style magazine.
12. And phenomenal in red for Interview magazine.
13. And don’t let the white man’s lighting fool you, HER SKIN IS A FLAWLESS BLANKET OF FLAWLESS.
14. Even in profile, she stands out.
C’mon, son, look at that fade.
15. She looks so flawless, it’s hard to even pay attention to the famous friends she poses with.
16. It is a well-known fact that Vogue editor Anna Wintour spends the majority of her time aspiring to Lupita’s flawlessness.*
*Disclaimer: I have no idea what Anna Wintour does with her day.
17. But in addition to her existence as beauty personified, SHE ALSO HAS THE LAUGHTER OF A THOUSAND SMILING SUNS.
And, of course, when Vulture spoke to her about her burgeoning fashion icon status, she was more than humble:
“You have to wear something to these events, so I wore things, and people took to them. It was not my agenda at all! But it’s fun, and I’m flattered that everyone is digging my style.”
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›