UNTITLED (RESUME I) AND UNTITLED (RESUME II REFERENCE)
Marker on paper, two works
Each: 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 in. 21.6 by 14 cm.
Executed in 1980.
2. He was 20 at the time.
3. This piece was a part of a selling exhibition of Basquiat’s work at Sotheby’s.
Sotheby’s has confirmed that Basquiat’s “Untitled (resume)” has sold; the asking price was $50,000. Because this is a selling exhibition and not a public auction, Sotheby’s keeps the final selling price private.
4. The asking price for the 31 items in the show ranged from $20,000 to $12 million.
- Clashes have erupted between protesters and police in the Ukrainian capital, Kiev, over a draft law to give special status to separatist regions. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Palmyra's 2,000-year-old Temple of Bel is still standing despite an attempt by ISIS to blow it up, Syria's antiquities chief has said.›