1. The Hollywood Reporter recently sat down with an anonymous director as he cast his Oscar ballot.
2. For the category of Best Actress, he explained his voting process:
3. He also explained that he won’t be voting for Jennifer Lawrence because of her SNL performance.
5. You know, the “that black girl has a lot of letters in her name” joke.
6. Meanwhile, Quvenzhané Wallis continues to be amazing: An Oscar nominated actress at age 9.
7. A rising indie cinema darling.
8. And in addition to being a critically acclaimed actress…
Paola Kudacki for TIME’s Great Performances
9. …she is perhaps the world’s most adorable fashionista.
10. You’re going to be seeing a lot of her. So, you know, you should probably learn how to say her name.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›