2. From the website’s description:
#Nofilter is one of the most popular hashtags on Instagram. Using it is a way of telling people that you haven’t used any of Instagram’s built in filters to enhance the photo. But with over 40 million photos uploaded on Instagram daily, there are obviously quite a few cheaters out there. People that want you to think their photos just turned out that great, completely without the help of any filters. And you had to believe them - until now.
3. How it works: Just post a link of the Instagram photo in question in the “Faker Catcher”
4. It will tell you if your friends are being honest with their #NoFilter tags and, if not, which filter they are actually using.
There is, however, one way to get around this. As the website notes, “We can only catch people using Intagram’s built in filters, so if you still want to cheat, use Camera+ or similar apps.”
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›