Sometimes it’s hard to tell what’s going on at Tumblr…
Is this satire or a real life tumblr change?
Ok, it’s satire. But admit it, you had to think about it.
But there are some things Yahoo can do to improve Tumblr if they take some time to listen to the community.
2. A re-evaluation of what’s actually used might be useful.
6. A way to get back to where you last were on your dash.
“Infinite scroll + page number.
I often find myself scrolling when all of a sudden I accidentally hit refresh or my browser freezes (with all those posts to reblog in hundreds of tabs). It’d be nice to hit backspace (or the back button) and land on the page I was last on (starting at that page again).”
7. A serious look at the block feature.
8. Themes you can actually navigate might be nice.
9. A re-examination of what is default.
10. A way to avoid NSFW things popping up on your dash at the least opportune times.
“Truly safe mode when using Tumblr dashboard. Don’t miss out on all the NSFW blogs’ posts. Customize what time you want safe mode to be enabled.”
11. Letting people know about random features that already exist.
12. A messaging system where you can actually see what you sent someone.
14. Improving the creepy faux smile thing Tumblr does as they deliver bad news…
Seriously, Tumblr. It’s “incredibly” creepy.
16. An “Omni post” - Create photo/video/audio posts with titles all in one tool rather than 7 different tools.
17. Create photosets using URLs as well as uploads.
19. Sharing to specific audiences.
“Exclusivity. Make posts for everyone, your followers, people you follow, both or just yourself.”
20. In addition to all these very important things, an “I feel your pain” button would be awesome.
21. Unnecessary letters should be looked at.
22. Tumblr should also be more vigilant about the hate that’s in the Doritos tag
24. Tumblr not passive aggressively dismissing you even though all you do is love it.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.