1. Clifford’s First Valentine’s Day by Norman Bridwell
Read along as the always curious Clifford helps Emily Elizabeth make and deliver a special Valentine’s Day card to her Grandma. So precious.
2. The Biggest Valentine Ever by Steven Kroll
Remember elementary school struggles of making custom valentines? Well in this movie Desmond and Clayton learn that working together they can make the biggest valentine ever!
3. Fancy Nancy Heart to Heart by Jane O’Connor
Who’s more fabulous than Fancy Nancy? Well this fabulous little girl has a secret admirer! Read the book to find out who it is!
4. It’s Valentine’s Day by Jack Prelutsky
Not into stories? Maybe you’ll like this short collection of sweet valentine poems instead.
5. Happy Valentine’s Day, Curious George by H.A. Rey
Everyone’s favorite mischievous monkey is celebrating Valentine’s Day. Maybe he’ll inspire you to embrace the holiday after all.
6. Olive You! by Katy Hall and Lisa Eisenberg
If you’re lucky enough to have a date this holiday, you might want to check this out for some adorable childish jokes to break the ice. I mean who wouldn’t like to hear a valentine knock-knock joke?
7. Be My Princess
The Disney Princesses are celebrating Valentine’s Day! This is actually more of an activity book, but the princess in your life would probably enjoy it.
8. Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann
The main character, Pinkalicious, is super excited for Valentine’s Day because EVERYTHING is pink! She makes the perfect pink card for someone in her class. There’s going to be a lot of alliteration in this book I can feel it.
9. Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff
We all know the classic If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, well this needy little guy is back for some V-day loving!
10. Snowy Valentine by David Petersen
This adorable story tells of a rabbits snowy journey to find the perfect way to say “I love you” on Valentine’s Day. It doesn’t get sweeter than that.
11. The Day It Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
How cute would it be if the sky actually did rain hearts? I’ll be on the look out for that this holiday…
12. The Bernstain Bear’s Valentine Party by Jan and Mike Bernstain
Why go to an actual party when you can read about one the Bernstain Bears are throwing?
13. “Happy Valentine’s Day Little Critter!” by Mercer Mayer
Little Critter is making an extra special card for an extra special valentine! How we long for the school days when everyone got a special card…
14. Be My Valentine, Amelia Bedelia by Herman Parish
Remember the world’s silliest house maid? Well she’s helping plan a Valentine’s party…literally. Grammar nerds you’re sure to enjoy this book.
15. The Night Before Valentine’s Day by Natasha Wing
Get it!? This book is a play on one of our favorite Christmas poems!
16. Biscuit’s Valentine’s Day by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
An adorable book about how much a little girl loves her puppy is simply irresistible. Forget the candy and flowers, I prefer puppies any day.
17. Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink by Diane de Groat
V-day haters, this one’s for you! Gilbert writes out mean valentines and forges other people’s names on them. I’m sure he’ll learn his lesson, maybe you’ll learn one too!
18. If You’ll Be My Valentine by Cynthia Rylant
Sad about not having a date? Who needs a boyfriend or a girlfriend anyways? You can give all of your love to your family this holiday! This book will remind you of just that.
19. Valentines Are For Saying I Love You by Margaret Sutherland
This story tells us that candy, chocolate, flowers, and letters are nice, but that the most important part about Valentine’s Day is telling the people you care about that you love them!
20. Happy Valentine’s Day Dolores by Barbara Samuels
A typical tale about a sister taking another sister’s jewelry without asking. This book will make you want to hangout with your sister instead of trying to find a V-day date.
21. Who Will Be My Valentine This Year? by Jerry Pallotta
Hippo is looking for love in all the wrong places in this book. Aren’t we all?
22. Hedgehug: A Sharp Lesson in Love by David Pinto
Hedgehug wants to be loved, but his sharp exterior makes things difficult. Dying of cuteness right now.