1. You push the button even if it was clearly already pressed.
2. You push it a few more times (thinking it will speed things up).
3. It takes you a few seconds to get used to the order of the numbers if it is an unfamiliar elevator….
Those few seconds feel like hours as everyone else in the elevator looks at you like you’re dumb.
4. You push the wrong button and play it off like it never happened.
5. No one ever really knows where to look…
6. Sometimes the door opens to a silent crowded elevator while they look at you as though you did something wrong….
And the door slowly closes because there is no room.