1. Dogs vs Cats
Cats and dogs are very different creatures, but each will hook you up with some kind of affection when you need it. However, cats can be a drag because they require a written proposal of why they should come to your aid, and the way dogs are always ready and willing can be a turn-off.
2. Pepsi vs Coca Cola
Coke was introduced to the masses in 1886, and Pepsi was invented in 1898. This means that despite everything mankind has created and discovered in the past 114 years, we’re still not above picking our roommates based on whether or not they drink the same soda that we do.
3. First Class vs Coach
Passengers seated in coach on airplanes will never walk by the people already seated in first class without glaring at them. And the people in first class will never get good enough at faking a phone call to avoid the gaze.
4. Blackberry vs iPhone
Who’s going to update Leonard Bernstein’s “West Side Story” to be about the streetfights between the “touchers” and the “clickers?”
5. Republicans vs Democrats
It’s rare for these two groups to agree on policies, but somehow they both concur that they’re under the most pressure to solve the cats vs. dogs quandary.
6. McDonald’s vs Burger King
We all agree that both mascots are pretty creepy, but we’re still battling over who’s more reliable in the French fry department.
7. Good vs Evil
This is a toughie. No matter how many little angel sculptures we use to decorate our lawns, evil just keeps giving good a run for his money. We can’t wait to see how this one turns out.
8. Vanilla vs Chocolate
Sometimes it’s hard to choose between chocolate and vanilla. Fortunately, no one’s holding a taser to your neck right now and making you.
9. The Boston Red Sox vs The New York Yankees
Perhaps the fiercest rivalry in baseball is the one between the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees. It’s interesting though, because it’s not like the players don’t have any way of settling the thing once and for all.
10. Regular Pencils vs Mechanical Pencils
One requires constant sharpening, the other requires extra money spent on little (and easy to misplace) boxes of refills. They do the same thing, and yet… WHICH TO USE FOR BETTER RESULTS??!!
11. Sega vs Nintendo
Which did you prefer: the speedy but nonverbal hedgehog, or the Italian brothers with a love of mushrooms containing growth hormones?
12. Chunky vs Creamy
What, you’ve never liked the idea of adding a little risk to the process of ingesting that PBJ?
Inspired By History’s “Hatfields & McCoys”
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- margaretmac95 The 12 Most Intense Rivalries and thinks it’s Win & LOL
- Carly Bencivenga The 12 Most Intense Rivalries
- The 12 Most Intense Rivalries is starting to get hot on Facebook Share It
- vanessak thinks The 12 Most Intense Rivalries is LOL
- Gaby MC thinks The 12 Most Intense Rivalries is LOL
- rabiaq thinks The 12 Most Intense Rivalries is LOL
- isabellapena thinks The 12 Most Intense Rivalries is WTF
- guimerm The 12 Most Intense Rivalries
- BFHensel thinks The 12 Most Intense Rivalries is Original, Win & LOL
- mauricioa thinks The 12 Most Intense Rivalries is Fail
- Hooray! thinks The 12 Most Intense Rivalries is LOL
- Katherine Griffiths thinks The 12 Most Intense Rivalries is Win