1. “What happened to your legs?”
Okay, not only is that completely rude and disrespectful, but there are other conditions somebody could have which requires use of a wheelchair.
2. *Ignores you and talks to the person you’re with who isn’t in a wheelchair*
Um, excuse me. I’m not a child. I can speak for myself, thank you.
3. “Wanna race?”
No. I do not want to race. I don’t even want to talk to you.
4. *Pulls child, friend, or spouse out of the way*
I wasn’t going to run you over, okay? But now I want to, so watch out.
5. “Whoa there, slow down, speedy!”
- Insert polite laugh here *
How clever. I’ve never heard that one before.
6. “Wow! Where can I get me one of those?”
We can trade if you want. I’d much rather have a normally functioning body than a wheelchair.
7. *Stares at you*
OMG. Is there something on my face? Oh wait. It’s the wheelchair…