2. In his videos, he mostly broadcasts himself playing video games while narrating the experience.
His videos have been viewed 5.6 billion times.
3. The Wall Street Journal says he’s bringing in $4 million a year, thanks to advertisements.
Streaming video game play has become a massive business over the past few years. Twitch, a company that lets users do just this, recently sold to Google for over $1 billion.
4. Recently, PewDiePie played the Kim Kardashian game and broadcast it on his channel.
He calls the game “genius, really” but his review says, in unkinder language, that he wishes there had been more women’s breasts.
(Also, note: more NSFW language if you watch the video.)
So there if you have it. If you would like to explain to aliens what it is that’s going on on the internet, you can show your alien friends this video. The best parts of the internet? No. but a big part nonetheless.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. We have a recap for you 🇺🇸
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.