Sources have confirmed to People that Kate Winslet married Ned Rocknroll earlier this month, at Virgin magnate Richard Branson’s private island.
2. First of all, yes: his last name is really Rocknroll. Well, legally.
But no, it’s obviously not his birth name. He was born Ned Abel Smith.
3. Also: he’s Richard Branson’s nephew.
4. The pair first hooked up in August 2011, when they were both guests at Branson’s home on Necker Island.
This is the same island they got married on.
5. While they were on the island, there was a terrible fire at the house.
Richard Branson blogged about it. He revealed that he lost the handwritten autobiography manuscript he was working on.
6. It was also revealed that Winslet carried Branson’s 90-year-old mother out of the burning house.
7. A few weeks after they got back, they started dating.
While they were on the island, he had just separated from a 23-year-old wife, and she was also in a relationship with a model. So when they got together it was news.
8. Leonardo DiCaprio walked Kate down the aisle.
Make of that what you will.
9. Rocknroll now works for his uncle at Virgin, doing something related to marketing and/or astronauts.
According to LinkedIn, his specific role is “Head of Marketing Promotion and Astronaut Experience at Virgin Galactic.”
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- Matt Stonie won the 2015 Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest, beating 8-time champion Joey Chestnut ☀️??