1. Gilt is selling a $450 “Limited Edition Metal Starbucks Card.”
As you can see, it is metal!
2. Apparently, it sold out on Gilt in mere seconds.
Less than 5 seconds and the @starbucks metal card is reserved on @Gilt. WTF.— Megan Buerger
The card comes loaded with $400, and has a few perks. They include: a free drink on your birthday, free refills on brewed coffee and tea, and a free drink every 12 purchases. Whether that’s worth the $50 fee is, I guess, dependent on how much of a Starbucks fanatic you are.
4. Turns out there are a lot of fanatics.
I need someone to buy me the new $450 stainless steel Starbucks card. How hard can it be to find an impotent sugar daddy?— Devin Jordan
â€œ@eshik1: http://t.co/1VgHTeNW …. OMGâ€ SOMEONE BUY ME THIS NOW!!— Amy Worrell
Am positively breathless of the new @Starbucks metal card only available at @Gilt! #OMG #XmasList #DearSanta— Rachel
WHAT! OMG.. a Limited Edition Metal Starbucks Card? I WANT! SANTA can you hear me???? http://t.co/b8qkfkhx http://t.co/fwevbglL— Claudia Sheridan
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.