1. “It shows that love conquers because by the end of that third book he doesn’t need these sadistic tendencies to have an erection.”
She says in the above video that the book shows that “if you find the right partner, it is wonderful.” So apparently 50 Shades chronicles a a model relationship. Who knew?
3. “I would also go for a night with him, not because of the sadistic element — that’s not for me — but because he has a plane, he has a helicopter, he knows how to deal with women.”
She adds that the books are “proof that literature, or reading, or even visual material will help women to get aroused.” And, “I would like men to read that book too” — though she doesn’t get into detail about why.
Remember, Dr. Ruth is very enthusiastic about many things — not just kinky novels. Last week, she recommended women try to meet men by purchasing a new Microsoft tablet (and Microsoft didn’t pay her to say that).
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.