1. The show opens with a splashy intro number! A Spice Girls medley plays, glitter spews everywhere.
2. Then the plot — the MEAT of this thing — begins. It is January 1997.
4. The Spice Girls have just learned they’ll embark on their first world tour. Naturally, they’re thrilled.
5. Over the next few weeks of rehearsal, the Spice Girls’ heads are elsewhere. They are daydreaming about international fame.
6. But the tour must go on. It kicks off in Dublin, where Posh frets about the humidity ruining her stick-straight hair.
9. But after nine consecutive shows in London, the Spice Girls become weary.
10. Baby Spice snaps. She feels like it’s complete rubbish that Posh always uses up all the outlets with her various hair straighteners.
15. Posh is still just like, “Whaatever! Stop whining, Baby!” She is also thinking about her new romance with David Beckham.
Stay tuned for the second Act, in which Ginger announces she’s leaving the group and Posh starts getting serious with David Beckham!
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.