1. For the hip hop fan:
The So-Called Seder comes in CD format, and features a matzoh on a turntable.
2. For the “confused Jew” who enjoys puns:
Haggadah Good Feeling About This. Do you?
3. For the Facebook addict:
The story of Passover is told here in a series of Facebook updates.
5. For Christians:
Christians, meanwhile, can use this Haggadah to have “an authentic Jewish Passover seder, from a distinctively Christian perspective.”
6. For the enthusiastic online dater:
The most popular Jewish online dating website naturally has its own Haggadah, which you can download or view on an iPad. The introduction reads: “Look around and appreciate all you have, for we were once Pharaoh’s slaves in Egypt where there was no cell reception and very few taxi cabs.” So, there’s that.
7. For the feminist:
In The Traditional Egalitarian Passover Haggadah, the four sons are replaced by the four daughters.
8. For the literary snob:
The author of Everything Is Illuminated and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close edited a haggadah that was released last year. The New Yorker approves, so… you’re good.
9. For the vegetarian:
Seder plates typically involve a lamb shank. Not so in the Haggadah For The Vegetarian Family.
10. For the animal rights activist:
11. For the Pinterest fanatic:
A website that allows you to put together your own custom Haggadah and print it out will indulge the DIY-obsessed.
12. For the person who refuses to see 2-D movies anymore:
There’s a 3-D Haggadah for you.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- shiras 13 Alternative Haggadahs To Brighten ...
- arielg5 13 Alternative Haggadahs To Brighten ...
- ashleywoolf 13 Alternative Haggadahs To Brighten ...
- Gaddadavida 13 Alternative Haggadahs To Brighten ...
- sarahcooper 13 Alternative Haggadahs To Brighten ...
- snowbabylauren 13 Alternative Haggadahs To Brighten ...
- robororo 13 Alternative Haggadahs To Brighten ...
I don’t get “alternative” haggadah movement. The whole point of Passover is to tell the story as your parents told you, and as their parents told them so that there is a continual, unbroken line back to those Israelites who were actually delivered from bondage. The immutable, year after year re-telling of the same story is precisely the point of Passover. Besides, the cheesy Haggadahs are far more painful to sit through than the solemn ones.
- Veronica Yanco 13 Alternative Haggadahs To Brighten ...