1. You can be a lax bro before you hit double digits.
“Brookline third-grader Beau Keough considers himself more than a dedicated lacrosse player. At 9 years old, he is already a lax bro.”
2. You should be confident, but not arrogant.
“It is easy to spot them. Lax bros display a certain understated confidence that critics call arrogance.”
3. You should dress like this.
“They dress in colorful board shorts, flat-brim hats, and bright half-calf socks.”
4. You should have a lot of lacrosse “stuff” and you should think “lacrosse is cool.”
“‘You have to have a lot of the stuff, wear it a lot of the time,’ said Keough, who plays on the town team. ‘Lacrosse is cool.’”
5. You should refer to your lacrosse stick as a “spoon.”
“They carry lacrosse sticks, or ‘spoons,’ on and off the field.”
6. You should refer to your shaggy hair as “lettuce.”
“They wear their hair long, a look known as “lettuce.’”
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›