1. 1. They’ve been rehearsing in London all week.
So says the The Sunday Mirror’s celebrity and entertainment columnist:
So the Spice Girls are all together rehearsing for the Olympics RIGHT NOW in London. #itsonbitches— deanpiper
3. 2. Victoria Beckham is being a total diva.
According to Perez Hilton:
“Victoria Beckham has outrageous demands. Let’s just say that they are paying at least $15,000 for Victoria Beckham’s hair, make-up and stylist. In comparison, the other Spice Girls cost one-fourth of what Victoria is costing.”
4. 3. This rhinestone microphone might make a repeat appearance.
Victoria Beckham used it during the Spice Girls reunion tour in 2007. She recently tweeted about unearthing it, leading some to believe it might be part of the Olympic performance.
Look what I found!! X vb http://t.co/qmGvshEt— Victoria Beckham
6. 4. Giles Deacon is dressing Beckham.
Rumors swirled that designer Gilles Deacon (a model from his 2011 show seen here) would be designing the outfits for the Spice Girls’ alleged Closing Ceremonies performance. Why? Because Victoria Beckham tweeted about it:
Morning fitting with @gilesgilesgiles, cuddle with @kegrand bunny!! X vb http://t.co/M2dpwbTx— Victoria Beckham
Grazia Daily reports that Deacon isn’t dressing the whole crew, meaning might be dressing only Posh.
8. 5. Zuhair Murad is also designing outfits.
Murad is known for outfitting celebrities from Jennifer Lopez to Miley Cyrus. Above is one of the Lebanese designer’s dresses from his 2010 couture show.
Mel B. tweeted that she’s excited to wear his clothes:
Can’t wait to wear Zuhair Murad clothes this weekend!!— Melanie Brown
Maybe each Spice Girl is being dressed by a different designer.
- BuzzFeed News looks at the fourth anniversary of Mark Duggan's death, an unarmed black man who was shot and killed by police in north London. The shooting sparked England-wide riots in 2011.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.