1. They know how to make a boring awards show fun.
Fey, Poehler and their fellow nominees in the category of Lead Actress In A Comedy did something unusual as their names were announced at the 2011 Emmys — they rushed up to the stage. The six women held hands as Melissa McCarthy was announced as the winner, but presenter Rob Lowe assured them they were all winners. It was an awesome, unexpected moment that poked fun at the silly competitiveness of awards shows and reminded us who’s having the most fun in Hollywood.
2. They know how to wing it.
“I thought you were going to practice!”
(At the 2008 Emmy’s.)
3. They’re extremely comfortable with one another.
Tina showered Amy in their 2008 movie, Baby Mama. Doesn’t get much more intimate than that.
And here, Poehler plays Katie Couric.
5. But they’re equally good when it comes to pop culture.
Jimmy Fallon put together a Jersey Shore spoof called “Jersey Floor” for his late night show in 2011 featuring a group of SNL alums. Fey and Poehler were the highlight, playing “stalkers” intent on scoring with the Shore boys. Check out the whole hilarious clip:
6. They’re equally great on any stage.
In this skit from the 2005 A.S.S.S.S.C.A.T.: Improv series, which featured skits from Upright Citizens Brigade, Poehler and Fey perform without much of a stage at all. And it’s still hilarious.
7. They’re honest with each other.
Amy grills Tina in this promo interview for their movie, Baby Mama, in which Tina says it once and for all: bubble baths are overrated.
8. They photo bomb each other.
Tina executed a truly perfect photo bomb on Amy at the 2012 Golden Globes. Hopefully we’ll get to see more of that.
9. They will probably rap.
As evidenced in this leaked clip of Fey, Poehler and Lindsay Lohan performing the “Kevin G” rap from Mean Girls, they know how to break it down.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".