1. You like to wear their clothes.
Sure, they cost money, but love don’t cost a thing.
2. You become extremely defensive whenever someone insults them.
“If you insult the bass tone in the bridge of the opening track of their self-titled album one more time I will SNAP. YOUR. NECK.”
3. But you also become irrationally threatened or jealous when someone else claims to like them.
I know they’re the best band ever and all but…they’re MY favorite.
4. You keep pictures of them around your room.
And in your locker. And in your wallet. And everywhere else possible for maximum stare-age and swooniness.
5. And fall asleep with them in your bed.
And by that, I mean with your laptop cracked open at the foot of your bed and an acoustic iTunes playlist set to repeat.
6. You write them love letters.
They may not write back, but liking your Facebook comment basically qualifies as second base, right?
7. They’ve made you cry on numerous occasions.
Or every occasion (I’m looking at you, American Football).
8. You start getting annoyed when they don’t visit for a long time.
Long distance relationships aren’t the easiest thing in the world, you know.
9. But you know they’re always there for you, even when they’re away.
In the words of Fall Out Boy: “Tonight the headphones will deliver you the words that I can’t say.”
- The second foreign suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›