1. Your donuts are square and hole-less… and you’ve almost choked to death on the powdered sugar at least once.
2. You jump at the chance to eat bugs… that live in the mud.
4. The only directions you know: Uptown, Downtown, River and Lake.
5. You go on a vegetable diet during the month of March.
6. You sometimes find yourself screaming “WHO DAT” when you get overly excited.
7. You almost can’t imagine a place that won’t let you buy alcohol on Sunday, let alone is completely “dry.”
8. Your favorite Christmas carol may be considered “obscene” or “inappropriate” by outsiders.
9. You know what’s around by looking at a painted dog, fish or streetcar.
10. This song will always have a special meaning for you.
11. You don’t consider sticking young children and babies on the top of a ladder bad parenting.
13. You wear the same clothes in December that you wore in July.
14. You sweat just thinking about being outside during the summer.
15. You can drink alcohol anytime and also put beer in a “go cup” without anyone turning an eye.
Long live the Go Cup!
16. You think something entirely different than the rest of the nation when you hear “Hand Grenade.”
17. You displayed the most emotion ever shown in your life when the Saints finally won the Super Bowl.
18. You know exactly how to pronounce: Tchoupitoulas, Tujagues, Etouffée and Lagniappe.
19. You know you can never shop for these, only make them.
20. Growing up you thought everyone across the nation had off from school and work for Mardi Gras.
22. You find yourself spelling words with “eaux” instead of “O’s.”
23. You were shocked the first time you found out bars outside of New Orleans closed at 2 a.m.
24. You know the true names of the seasons: Hurricane, Football, Mardi Gras & Crawfish/Snowball.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!