1. Obtain these items: A stick of asparagus, a marker, a small pot, and soil.
You can buy asparagus at the grocery store. Alternatively, you can grow it, but be warned: Asparagus is a spring vegetable.
2. Use the marker to draw a face on your stick of asparagus.
I chose a ‘happy’ face, but you are the art director of your own Baby Groot DIY so go crazy.
3. Put the soil in the pot.
4. Put the stick of asparagus in the soil.
5. Use toothpicks to add the arms.
Tip: Colorful toothpicks can add a touch of whimsy!
Voila! Baby Groot!*
*Baby Groot lasts 4-6 days, can be affected by housepets and ravenous hunger. It doesn’t dance, but you can play music at it.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.