Like many of us, I have been unable to wait for the Marvel licensing machine to kick into gear for the Dancing Baby Groot frenzy.
So I decided to take matters into my own hands.
1. Obtain these items: A stick of asparagus, a marker, a small pot, and soil.
You can buy asparagus at the grocery store. Alternatively, you can grow it, but be warned: Asparagus is a spring vegetable.
2. Use the marker to draw a face on your stick of asparagus.
I chose a ‘happy’ face, but you are the art director of your own Baby Groot DIY so go crazy.
3. Put the soil in the pot.
4. Put the stick of asparagus in the soil.
5. Use toothpicks to add the arms.
Tip: Colorful toothpicks can add a touch of whimsy!
Voila! Baby Groot!*
*Baby Groot lasts 4-6 days, can be affected by housepets and ravenous hunger. It doesn’t dance, but you can play music at it.
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Taylor Swift won Video of the Year for "Bad Blood" at the MTV Video Music Awards. ›