1. On June 25, Sia released a new single titled “Big Girls Cry.”
The song is off of her new album 1000 Forms of Fear, which is out July 8th.
2. “I don’t care if I don’t look pretty,” Sia sings on the track, which is all about how “big girls cry when their hearts are breaking.”
3. Sia seems to be ending a trend in music history of telling big girls not to cry, starting with Franki Valli in the 1960’s…
4. …and continuing with Fergie’s hit of the same name.
It’s personal, okay?!
5. But Sia embracing her tears only prove that 2014 really IS the year of the sad girl, especially after Lana del Rey seemingly claimed the title of Saddest Girl In The World with her album Ultraviolence.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.