1. “In the African nation of Namibia in 2004, I was struck at by a black mamba, one of the world’s deadliest reptiles. Compared to a black mamba bite, a rattlesnake bite is little more than a hickey.”
2. “I was a tick past forty on the Halloween when three friends and I ingested a sizable (though less than heroic) dose of so-called magic mushrooms (Psilocybe semilanceata) and set out to make credible contact with the spirit realm.”
3. “Brand me a traitor if you must, but I figure that for eight or nine months, I was supplying Mao Zedong with his Colgate toothpaste.”
4. “I was also pumped full of happy juice. The drug’s identity I do not know, but with it singing in my veins, pushing my mental pedal to the metal, I was merrily awake all night long, during which time I wrote an entire self-help book in my head.”
5. “I now reported for duty to a base outside Omaha, Nebraska, where for the next twenty three months I would work three stories underground in a theoretically nuclear bombproof building, a Cold War fortress without a single window to jump out of.”
6. “I never made it to my college commencement. Due to graduate with honors, I chose dishonor instead, earning a post-graduate degree in adultery. Summa cum lotta.”
7. “We stripped naked, painted our buttocks liberally with red acrylic, and climbed up in the carriage house’s large wooden rafters … It’s tiring being a faux baboon.”
8. “The other was bestowed on me by Allen Ginsberg, the only man who’s ever succeeded in kissing me on the lips.”
9. “Jim handed me a cup of water and three small round blue pills (little bluebirds of happiness): three hundred micrograms of pure Sandoz lysergic acid, right off the plane from the manufacturer in Switzerland.”
Tibetan Peach Pie is an invitation into the private world of Tom Robbins’ imaginative and colorful life.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!