1. Getting dressed.
Especially if your clothes involve multiple buttons. Too exhausting. Make it stop.
2. Getting undressed.
Who even invented skinny jeans.
3. Listening to a voicemail.
Who leaves voicemails? The kinds of people who invented skinny jeans, that’s who.
4. Putting on a duvet cover.
What is even the point. Why must a bedding itself be so exhausting.
5. Waiting for a train for more than 30 seconds.
As if my day weren’t interminable enough.
6. Walking in a crowd.
Sleep. Must find sleep. All of these people. They are not sleep.
7. Riding the bus.
Stare. Just stare until it’s over.
8. Waiting for water to boil.
So right, Madison.
9. Washing a single mug.
This will just be my dirty mug. I’ll use it for dirty things. Oh god I’m so tired.
I’m lucky to have a job. I’m lucky to have a job. I’m lucky to have a job.
11. Meeting someone new.
Is there anything more fundamentally exhausting than being pleasant?
12. Spilling a drink and having to clear it up immediately.
Adding to the list of horrible things that must be dealt with before the sweet, sweet relief of a long and dreamless sleep.
13. Reaching slightly for something.
Just, fuck it. I’ll sleep with the TV on.
14. Answering the question: “How was your day?”
It was fine. Just fine.
15. Finding your phone charger.
Let it die. Just let it die.
17. Shaving any part of your body.
Nope, don’t have to.
18. Removing makeup.
The wiping, the washing, the horror, the horror. I’ll just leave it. It will be tomorrow’s makeup.
19. Brushing your teeth.
Too much standing up, too much walking to the bathroom, too much tired.
20. Feeding a loved one.
Nope nope nope.
21. Feeding your pet.
Find a child to do that shit for you.
22. Feeding yourself.
Sometimes even microwaving soup is too much.
23. Waiting for things to load.
The absolute, most exhausting worst.
Standing is too hard. When you’re standing, you want to be sitting.
Sitting is still too hard. When you’re sitting, you want to be lying down.
26. Lying down.
When you are lying down, it is still somehow exhausting.
- President Obama said that he was "deeply disturbed" by the video showing the police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald in Chicago. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›