1. Getting dressed.
Especially if your clothes involve multiple buttons. Too exhausting. Make it stop.
2. Getting undressed.
Who even invented skinny jeans.
3. Listening to a voicemail.
Who leaves voicemails? The kinds of people who invented skinny jeans, that’s who.
4. Putting on a duvet cover.
What is even the point. Why must a bedding itself be so exhausting.
5. Waiting for a train for more than 30 seconds.
As if my day weren’t interminable enough.
6. Walking in a crowd.
Sleep. Must find sleep. All of these people. They are not sleep.
7. Riding the bus.
Stare. Just stare until it’s over.
8. Waiting for water to boil.
So right, Madison.
9. Washing a single mug.
This will just be my dirty mug. I’ll use it for dirty things. Oh god I’m so tired.
I’m lucky to have a job. I’m lucky to have a job. I’m lucky to have a job.
11. Meeting someone new.
Is there anything more fundamentally exhausting than being pleasant?
12. Spilling a drink and having to clear it up immediately.
Adding to the list of horrible things that must be dealt with before the sweet, sweet relief of a long and dreamless sleep.
13. Reaching slightly for something.
Just, fuck it. I’ll sleep with the TV on.
14. Answering the question: “How was your day?”
It was fine. Just fine.
15. Finding your phone charger.
Let it die. Just let it die.
17. Shaving any part of your body.
Nope, don’t have to.
18. Removing makeup.
The wiping, the washing, the horror, the horror. I’ll just leave it. It will be tomorrow’s makeup.
19. Brushing your teeth.
Too much standing up, too much walking to the bathroom, too much tired.
21. Feeding your pet.
Find a child to do that shit for you.
22. Feeding yourself.
Sometimes even microwaving soup is too much.
23. Waiting for things to load.
The absolute, most exhausting worst.
Standing is too hard. When you’re standing, you want to be sitting.
Sitting is still too hard. When you’re sitting, you want to be lying down.
26. Lying down.
When you are lying down, it is still somehow exhausting.
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- CC Sabathia, a pitcher for the playoff-bound New York Yankees, says he's checking himself into an alcohol rehab center. ›