1. They’ve been friends for ages, and that connection shows in their music.
Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso met when they were 7 in Stockholm, and Axwell joined them later after a chance meeting.
2. There isn’t a weak link among them.
3. They were born to make music.
Baby Steve knew his musical destiny at the tender age of 1.
4. They made the coolest music videos.
Who else could transport you to a future, utopian racetrack?
5. You couldn’t contain your excitement when you saw those infamous three circles.
6. They’re really goofy and endearing.
Who doesn’t love bothering strangers in an elevator?
8. Steve Angello is a modern day philosopher.
9. Every one of their shows included a unique shout-out.
At every stop on their tour they showed their local fans just how much they loved them.
They flew native flags at every stop!
They may be Swedish, but you can feel their international love.
10. Axwell knows what’s important in life.
Studio time isn’t used for the speakers. It’s for the food.
11. They were masters at remixing an artist with a totally different sound and making it their own.
14. Their stage set-ups were unbelievable.
Swedish House Mafia played on a gigantic, convex platform outfitted entirely with video screens. The three-tier stage towered over the crowds so that no matter where you were in the venue, it felt like the front row.
15. They had so much fun working in a studio together.
And that’s how music is made, ladies and gentlemen.
16. They loved their fans.
Before Swedish House Mafia took the stage for the last time they used 20 billion pixel camera to take a photo of the crowd. The image was so in depth that fans were able to tag themselves in it, no matter where they were.
17. Axwell always looks ridiculous when he DJs.
Oh, and also adorable.
18. He was totally in on the joke, too.
“Brooklyn I’m all dressed up and ready for you!”
20. They had the coolest friends.
David Guetta and Chuckie? Life’s not fair.