1. Dogs are the best listeners.
And they’d never try to one-up your problems with their own.
2. You can always count on their loyalty.
Your dog will always be by your side when you need him, especially when no one else is around.
3. They’re a lot more cuddly than any person you know.
That right there is a thing of beauty.
4. A dog will never judge or criticize you.
Go ahead and eat that 8th slice of pizza or dye your hair whatever damn color you please—your dog will love you no matter what. (But maybe save him just one bite of pizza.)
5. Or make plans without you.
You’re invited to every walk and game of fetch, and they’re always happy to have your company.
6. Dogs are always happy to see you.
Even if you were only gone for 5 minutes.
7. They know how to appreciate the simple things.
It’s refreshing. And adorable.
8. They’re always up for adventure.
Your dog will never turn down a chance to spend time with you. Especially if said time includes a car ride to the destination.
9. Growing up with a dog is something special.
You have your own personal protector and pillow from day one.
10. Dogs are there to help you clean up messes.
Namely the food-related kind.
11. Babies are cute. But nothing can beat puppy cuteness.
12. And above all, dogs give the most unconditional kind of love.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›