1. Grill your beef at low heat for maximum flavor and tenderness
If you’ve got time to kill, nothing beats the flavor of slow cooked beef.
1. Rub the beef with Grill Mates Slow & Low Smokin Texas BBQ Rub. Place beef (4 pounds, 2 inches thick), fat side up, in 13×9-inch foil pan. Cover with foil. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Prepare grill for indirect medium-low heat (275°F to 300°F). Preheat grill by turning all burners to high. Turn burner on 1 side to medium-high. Turn off burner(s) on other side. Place covered beef in pan on unlit side of grill. Close grill.
3. Grill 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until internal temperature of thickest part of beef is 180ºF to 185ºF. Carefully remove pan from grill.
4. Return beef to grill, placing it directly on unlit side. Cook 30 minutes longer or until beef forms a crust and internal temperature is 190ºF to 200ºF.
5. Remove beef from grill. Let stand 10 minutes. Slice and serve with warm pan juices, if desired.
2. For regular steaks, marinating them overnight will make a huge difference
Red meat is better after it has been marinated for a while because the aging process allows natural enzymes to break down the tissue that holds the muscle together, which leaves you with a tender, juicy steak.
For a simple and delicious steak marinade follow these instructions:
1. Mix 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup soy sauce and 4 teaspoons Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning in small bowl. Place steak in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat well.
2. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or try and let it rest overnight for extra flavor.
3. Grill over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
3. Portobello mushrooms make an excellent main course
Mushrooms are nature’s beef. These mushrooms will taste great if you use the same marinade procedure that you did with your steak. Grill them at a high temperature for up to 10 minutes.
4. Surf and turf things up and pair your steaks with shrimp and watermelon
1. Mix 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons orange juice and 1 tablespoon Grill Mates Fiery 5 Pepper Seasoning in large bowl.
2. Add shrimp; toss to coat well. Thread shrimp and watermelon cubes alternately onto skewers.
3. Grill over medium heat 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink, turning occasionally.
5. Grill your potato salad
Grill the potatoes and veggies that’ll go in your salad to boost the flavor.
1. Microwave 2 pounds potatoes on HIGH 7 minutes or until almost tender, turning potatoes over halfway through cooking.
2. Grill potatoes and vegetables (1 onion, 1 bell pepper, and 2 celery ribs) over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and vegetables are tender, turning occasionally and brushing with oil. Cool potatoes and vegetables slightly then coarsely chop.
3. Mix mayonnaise and Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning in large bowl. Add potatoes and vegetables; toss to coat well. Sprinkle with additional Seasoning, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
6. Grill romaine lettuce for a super-flavored Caesar Salad
1. Slice the head of lettuce in half horizontally. Drizzle both halves with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Over a direct medium heat fire, grill the heads of lettuce, cut side down, until marked and then flip over, about 2-3 minutes a side.
7. Sprinkle your seasonal vegetables with chicken seasoning
Veggies are resilient and hard to mess up, so you can easily grill them around other main dishes at different heat.
1. Toss vegetables with two tablespoons olive oil in a large bowl. Sprinkle with two tablespoons Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning; toss to coat well.
2. Place vegetables in a grill basket, grill rack or thread onto skewers.
3. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally.
8. Take your corn on the cob to the next level
1. Mix butter, Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple Seasoning, maple syrup and chipotle chile pepper in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Remove husks and silk strands from corn.
2. Grill corn over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until tender and lightly charred, turning occasionally.
3. Spread butter mixture over corn. Serve immediately.
9. If you’re grilling fish, leave the skin on
Glaze the fish with egg white and season with Grill Mates Lemon Pepper with Herbs Seasoning and serve with fresh lemon.
10. Add grilled fruit to summer drinks
Adding charred fruits to beverages is an easy way to deepen the flavor of summertime sips.
Consider making Fresh Lemonade with Grilled Lemons & Watermelon
11. Grill your dessert
Fruit is best grilled over low heat, so throw it on while you’re eating the main course. Try tossing halved peaches with brown sugar and a dash of vanilla and almond extract. Grill peaches skin side down until skin is slightly charred, about 3 minutes. Turn and grill on the other side for 1 or 2 minutes.