1. 16. 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
Every teen’s secret wish in high school: that your crush would admit in front of the class that he/she loved you. It didn’t matter if they hated your hair.
2. 15. Atonement (2007)
Can you say hottest declaration of love? Well, at least for a few minutes.
3. 14. Beauty and the Beast (1991)
Admit it, you cried when the Beast said, “At least I got to see you one last time”. Tears, tears, and more tears.
4. 13. Cold Mountain (2003)
More implied than stated outright, it still manages to tug at the heartstrings. Damn you, war!
5. 12. It Takes Two (1995)
If your declaration ends with an evil b**ch getting hers through public humiliation… epic.
6. 11. Jerry Maguire
Go ahead and judge. We’ve all sat on our couches with a bowl of ice cream crying to this scene. This is how you get a girl back.
7. 10. Love Actually (2003)
There are a lot to choose from in this movie, but this tops them all. I mean, it’s Colin Firth. In Portugal. On Christmas Eve. The end.
8. 9. Much Ado About Nothing (1993)
Leave it to Shakespeare to make a proclamation of love sound epic. Plus, Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson make everything sound better.
9. 8. Pretty in Pink (1986)
Honestly, what makes this so poignant is OMD’s classic “If You Leave” blasting over the speakers as Blaine finally lets down the walls. Blaine was okay but the proclamation was beautiful.
10. 7. Pride & Prejudice (2005)
Okay, so even though this scene ended kinda badly, it was pretty awesome (a.k.a. hot) to see a wet Mr. Darcy admit he loves Elizabeth “most ardently”. You wish this was your life.
11. 6. Reality Bites (1994)
Reality Bites was the hipster film before hipsters, and this scene was heartbreakingly honest. You knew she should be with Ben Stiller, but Ethan Hawke irresistibly wrong.
12. 5. Say Anything (1989)
Sometimes you don’t even need words.
13. 4. Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
Simple but perfect. We were all so happy.
14. 3. Some Kind of Wonderful (1987)
Leave it to John Hughes to make a moment we’ve always fantasized about the perfect moment.
15. 2. The Last of the Mohicans (1992)
God, don’t we all wish that Hawkeye shouted at us under a waterfall, proclaiming that no matter how far or how long, he would find us???
16. 1. The Piano (1993)
It’s not easy admitting that you love someone, and no one captures that better than Baines who bares it all. Intense.
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›