1. When friends, family, and strangers came together to show 4-year-old Noah that glasses are cool after all.
2. When Lil Bub celebrated her first jump on the couch in years thanks to a new treatment for her osteopetrosis.
The happy post on her official page read: “BUB pumps a fist in the air to celebrate her first couch jump since she was 4 months old. GOOD JOB BUB.”
3. When Make-A-Wish and the people of San Francisco made one kid’s Batman dreams come true.
Make-A-Wish Bay Area
Here he comes!!!! #SFBatkid
4. When state officials surprised Marine Sgt. Ross Gundlach with his canine friend Casey with whom he had worked side-by-side in Afghanistan.
Read more about their sweet reunion here.
5. When a sick and orphaned otter found wandering the streets was fed trout and nursed back to health by the Scottish SPCA.
Check out this super cute pic of Murkle, an 8-week-old orphaned otter cub in our care! http://t.co/xl2YrA79dC
6. When 3-year-old Grayson Clamp heard his father’s voice for the first time after receiving an auditory brain stem implant at the UNC Ear and Hearing Center.
Watch the moving video of the exact moment Grayson heard for the first time here.
7. When Nina Davuluri became the first Indian-American woman ever to be chosen as Miss America.
Watch the gorgeous Bollywood dance performance that helped Nina Davuluri win the title here.
8. When a vet gave Chris P. Bacon, a piglet born without use of his hind legs, a set of sweet wheels to get around with.
Chris has since grown big and strong and still has his rockin’ wheels with him. Keep up with him on Facebook here.
9. When homeless man Billy Ray Harris found and returned Sarah Darling’s engagement ring and donors from around the world raised $190,000 for him as a thank-you gift.
Read the full story of how Billy Ray’s life changed with one act of kindness here.
10. When, after 69 years, Holocaust survivor Leon Gersten met the son of a couple who hid his family for two years during World War Two.
Read all about the joyful reunion here.
11. When a Cambodian child got to learn how to skate from legendary skater Tony Hawk himself.
Today @tonyhawk taught his sponsor child how to skate at @skateistan in #phnompenh.
12. When British adventurer Sarah Outen became the first person to ever row solo from Japan to Alaska.
Check out Sarah’s website to learn about her newest adventure: traveling around the world using only human power.