1. You are very careful about saying the word “walk” or going anywhere near the leash.
Cause when you do…
2. Picking up your dog’s poop after he went in front of a large party at the park is always awkward.
Especially when kids yell “ewwwwww” or when you don’t have anymore bags *throws grass over it*
3. When you’re training your pup and everyone jokes he’s the one taking YOU for a walk.
The struggle is real
4. That lovely moment when kids are polite and ask to pet your dog.
Because little kids running toward your dog with panicked parents behind them is never fun
5. Most small dogs are the bane of your existence.
Talk about a Napoleon complex. Also, off-leash dogs in an on-leash park are the WORST. Blame the owners!
6. That moment when your dog sees a weirdly shaped stick or trash bag and freaks out.
“Omigod it’s moving, it’s moving, Mom!”
8. But not the one that always jumps the fence when you’re half a mile away.
9. You know the names of the dogs you regularly encounter but can’t remember the owner’s name.
10. That awkward moment when they start rubbing themselves on poop.
Or when they start eating it; it’s called cacophagia and it’s gross.
11. You know that it’s all worth it when you see the smile on their face.
Because a three-mile walk is always better with your best friend.