1. Expectation: Your pranks will be epic and original.
Reality: They will be underwhelming and poorly executed.
2. Expectation: Children will be cute.
4. Expectation: You’ll slowly savor your pile of sweets over the next few weeks, sharing them with friends.
Reality: You will eat everything, immediately.
5. Expectation: You’ll make a cool, original, amazing pumpkin.
6. Expectation: You’ll drink gorgeous Halloween-themed drinks.
Blood Sucker Cocktail - shake up triple sec, vodka and pineapple juice, then strain and pour into a glass. Drip strawberry or raspberry puree along the sides of the glass to add streams of “blood.”
7. Expectation: Hookups at Halloween parties will be made awesome by the costume combinations.
8. Expectation: Someone will have a really witty costume.
Hello, Edgar Allen Ho.
Reality: Someone will have a really offensive costume.
9. Expectation: You’ll find some incredibly life-changing sweets.
Reality: It’ll be the same, terrible sweets.
Unbranded hard lollipops: the sweet of choice for a person who doesn’t understand nice things.
10. Expectation: Your friends will have come up with an amazing group costume.
11. Expectation: You’ll go to a party that’s disturbing in a great way.
Reality: You’ll go to a party that’s disturbing in a not-so-great way.
12. Expectation: You’ll have an amazing time at a Halloween party.
Reality: You’ll spend the night reading dozens of Halloween BuzzFeed lists.
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›