4. Expectation: You’ll slowly savor your pile of sweets over the next few weeks, sharing them with friends.
Reality: You will eat everything, immediately.
6. Expectation: You’ll drink gorgeous Halloween-themed drinks.
Blood Sucker Cocktail - shake up triple sec, vodka and pineapple juice, then strain and pour into a glass. Drip strawberry or raspberry puree along the sides of the glass to add streams of “blood.”
7. Expectation: Hookups at Halloween parties will be made awesome by the costume combinations.
8. Expectation: Someone will have a really witty costume.
Hello, Edgar Allen Ho.
Reality: It’ll be the same, terrible sweets.
Unbranded hard lollipops: the sweet of choice for a person who doesn’t understand nice things.
10. Expectation: Your friends will have come up with an amazing group costume.
11. Expectation: You’ll go to a party that’s disturbing in a great way.
Reality: You’ll go to a party that’s disturbing in a not-so-great way.
12. Expectation: You’ll have an amazing time at a Halloween party.
Reality: You’ll spend the night reading dozens of Halloween BuzzFeed lists.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?